I let time get away from me again, oops.
I wanted this up (and written) a lot earlier today, but preparing food, getting ready to eat food, actually eating food and then watching Sherlock with my sister suddenly ate up a bigger portion of the day than expected. Only about half of those things were actually enjoyable and they were the ones that involved lots of sitting.
Anyways, resolutions! The last couple of years someone's unwanted criticisms left me pretty disheartened and discouraged within the first few days, but when you get the poisonous people out of your life, you cut down the chances of them talkin' shit about your resolutions, which means that this year I don't feel tentatively hopeful and worried about my resolutions, I feel sure about them.
I've got a couple different kinds of resolutions (and goals?) for 2014, so I'll try to group similar ones together, but the first one is rather general, and something I've been meaning to get to for a long time: finishing what I start (and what I have started already), including tying up some loose projects from 2013 and before. I want to finish all those half-watched anime series from years ago, I want to finish reading books and series I've finished and dropped, and I want to finish a couple of stories from 2013 before I move on to other stuff. Some of that will probably be echoed below in the more cohesive and extensive lists below, by the way. Oh, I also want to keep my room a bit tidier. AND PUT THOSE FRIGGIN' POSTERS UP.
- Write or otherwise work on story or novel everyday
- Work on some sort of review or opinion everyday
- Maybe the above should be an "and/or" thing, since I don't think I can spare the time to work on anything but reviews during January, April, July and October.
- Finish Rising and that fantasy novella
- Depending on how I feel about it once it's done, either write something that takes place after Rising or start a new writing project
- Devise a list of all of the weaknesses in my writing and try to improve as a writer. Wait, maybe I should move that to be first since it's pretty important.
- Read 100 books this year. Possibly more, since I read 90% of my fifty book goal for last year within two months.
- Check out some of the popular series and see what's up with those, namely The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson andDivergent, was it?
- Finish books and series started in 2013 and earlier: The Lovely Bones and The Monster Blood Trilogy.
- It's occurred to me that I haven't watched a lot of culturally important or well-known and good anime. I want to actually fix that this year. Off the top of my head I know I need to watch Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Akira, Grave of the Fireflies, FLCL, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, Eve no Jikan, Gurren Lagann and possibly Soul Eater for starters. (It's hitting me right now that I'm such a shit anime for never making time to watch these, but trying so hard to watch as many on-going / new series as possible.)
- Watch more shows that are either well-known or I think I might like. Right now that list includes: Merlin, Game of Thrones, Arrow and the original Doctor Who series.
- Get and complete the Advanced Training course with Callie.
- Put my posters up. Seriously. I've been in this room for a year and a half and all my posters still aren't up
- Get an A/C unit for my room, with or without a certain someone's blessing
- Actually start reblogging stuff on Tumblr again. Refill my queue. Find and follow more blogs that post the stuff I like.
There! I think that's everything! Either at the end of this year or the start of the next one, I'll go back and see how many resolutions I stuck to.
Wishing anyone who reads this a Happy New Year!
(Also on )