Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"Almost Human": Some Thoughts and a Sneak Peek at the Season

Kennex (Karl Urban) looking terse as usual. Credit: FOX/Almost Human Facebook page



We've got some stuff to talk about! Thankfully, not as much stuff as Almost Human, but I've got some things to discuss. You've probably thought about some of what I'm about to say yourself.




First of all, sneak peak time! Let's see what's promised for the rest of the season:



I'm looking forward to the artificial heart episode, myself.



Secondly, I noticeda robot in the pilot that's an actual invention-the mechanical butterfly Rudy was working on. . The purpose of this emotion-sensing butterfly? Not even the creator has a clue. Also, you can buy as gifts for butterfly enthusiasts.



Lastly, I'm sure if you're a sci-fi fan, you've noticed many allusions to the several books and films that Almost Human is built upon. In fact, saying "built upon" is being kind, and I'm a fan of the show. We've got:



* Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and Blade Runner (the film version of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?)

* I, Robot (probably more movie version than book, but I haven't gotten that far in the book yet)

* Pacific Rim (Kennex's memory thing had the same side effects as drifting alone caused, didn't it?)

* Ghost in the Shell



There are probably more things that I have either forgotten or don't know about. If you know some more properties that Almost Human is based on, write it out in the comments section below.



This was a quick post, wasn't it? If you've got other things you love/have noticed about the show thus far, write about it in the comments!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment