Friday, August 23, 2013

This Is My Railguns Character of the Week

1995 was the year I discovered Ghost in the Shell. After 2 decades of watching Westernized versions of anime (Speed Racer, G-Force, Star Blazers) GitS was the first real "grown up" anime movie I had ever watched.



Knowing that anime was cool enough, I was immediately introduced to what was my first waifu in Major Kusunagi.




I was in awe when she blew a dude to pieces in the first 5 minutes of the movie.



It was awesome, she was awesome.



And she continued being awesome through the original movie, the sequel: Ghost in the Shell: Innocence, then the series and accompanying OVA's and Series Films (GitS: Stand Alone Complex, Stand Alone Complex Second Gig, Solid State Society, The Laughing Man, Ghost in the Shell 2.0)



And NOW Ghost in the Shell: Arise



Major Kusunagi was the first bad ass female lead in a franchise. Uncompromising and dedicated to following the mission through even when the outcome was not good.



And now that she has returned to the small screen in the reboot/reimagining Arise, I expect more years of Major Major Awesomeness to come.



Thus I dub her Character of the Week!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment